Wedding season is in full swing and if you’ve got your nuptials on the horizon, now is the time to take care of the last minute items such as wedding stationery.
Feeling the pinch of a limited budget? We’ve got you covered…
1. Think about what you really need
These days, the list of desirable wedding stationery items is almost endless.
But you don’t need to have everything!
If you don’t think something will add much value to your day, consider skipping it.
For example, an Order of Service may be a nice to have. But if you’re having a small ceremony on the beach or at a local beauty spot, it’s probably safe to forego them.
2. Multi-purpose wedding stationery
Design your wedding stationery to be as multi-purpose as possible.
- Place names & food menus – write the guest name on one side and their food selection on the reverse.
- Table numbers & guest book signatures – write the table number at the top of the card and leave space for the table guests to share well wishes at the bottom. You can then collect the table number cards and add them to wedding day scrapbook.
3. DIY approach
Wedding stationery design is big business, however an increasing number of couples are keen to add a personal touch and go the DIY route.
With Pinterest and an infinite supply of wedding blogs, it’s easy to get inspired.
It can also be a great way to shave a few pounds off your budget.
Common DIY aspects include:
- The design – canva.com and similar design tools have made it easier than ever to create the wedding stationery you’ve dreamt of.
- Folding – ordering loose sheets to fold at home can help keep the costs down.
- Flourishes & embellishments – stores like Hobbycraft are a treasure trove of little flourishes and embellishments that you can use to jazz up your wedding stationery. From flowers and ribbons to wooden hearts, twine, jewels, luggage tags and more.
- Favours – from homemade edible treats to cute crafty keepsakes. Sites like Pinterest and Etsy are a treasure trove of ideas.
4. Order with time to spare & bundle up your orders
Nobody likes a last minute panic, especially when a wedding is concerned.
With Doxzoo, the sooner you order, the cheaper it will be.
If you order with our 5 day production option, you will not have to pay a production fee.
However if you have an urgent deadline and order with our 2 day, next day or same day option, an additional charge will be payable.
We also offer free UK courier delivery for all orders over £25, so it’s more cost-effective to bundle multiple items into a single order, vs. placing several smaller orders.
From all of us here at Doxzoo, we wish you the best of luck with your last minute prep. Here’s to a magical wedding day!